So for some undetermined reason, the past three years of school have flown by and I now find myself a senior, with just one year left to accomplish everything I wanted to do in LA. School and campus activities tend to dominate my life during the semester and it’s easy forget about the world outside of USC.
Because of this, my friends and I have created a senior year bucket list of things we want to do before we leave LA:
1. Visit The Getty – This museum is so close and in such a beautiful area (Malibu!) that it doesn’t make sense not to go.
2. Go to Disneyland- I know. I still haven’t been. I shouldn’t even be able to say I live in California. But I’ve never had the opportunity, so this is it!
3. Take Hikes- There are a ton of great hikes in the immediate Los Angeles area that I want to try out. I went on one hike to Escondido falls in Malibu last year that was beautiful and exhilarating. But I know there are hikes even closer to USC such as the hike to the Hollywood sign and the Runyon Canyon loop that I want to try out.
4. Go Camping- I got a small taste of camping when I stopped at Yosemite on my cross country road trip at the end of this summer. Check out my previous blog post about the trip here. There are a ton of great camping options that I want to check out including the Grand Canyon, Big Bear Lake, and Lake Tahoe. I think I’ll start small by taking a trip to Joshua Tree National Park.
5. Explore new restaurants in Los Angeles- I tend to stick to what I know, which in the USC area means the most adventurous I get is going to the Lab. But Los Angeles has amazing restaurants to offer and I want to take advantage in my last year here. Restaurants on my list so far include: Bottega Louie, Rockfish, and Toast!
This list is ambitious for me, but I think I can manage it! And of course I’m open to suggestions. What is your favorite thing to do in LA? Now that’s some food for thought!
Until next time,