Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I spent my Thanksgiving morning snowboarding at Copper Mountain, one of my favorite ski resorts in Colorado.
As the semester is coming to a close, I thought I would share some of my favorite moments from this fall!
1. Winning our hockey game with the Women’s Ice Hockey Team. We have a great class of newbies on the ice this semester. I can’t wait to play out the rest of the season and go to Vegas in the spring
2. Visiting Zion National Park and Grand Canyon with SC Outfitters. It was really nice to get break some school and see some of the greatest national parks of the US. I had a blast hiking through the gorgeous views.
3. Speaking at the 10th Anniversary for the Naming of the Mork Family Department of Chemical Engineering. I had a wonderful speaking opportunity this semester where I got to hang out with Mr. and Mrs. Mork, President Nikias and his wife, and other USC Trustees. It was a really great experience.
4. Having my brother come out to visit me. It’s always nice to have your family come see you, especially when you’re from out of state! I got to take him around some of favorite places around LA, including the Endeavor exhibit at the California Science Center right across from campus.
5. Society of Petroleum Engineers Annual Technical Conference and Exhibition in Houston, Texas. This is SPE’s biggest international conference, and I had the opportunity to go with our student chapter! It was a lot of fun and I certainly learned a lot. USC actually brought the most students out of any university!
6. Going to Kings games. With Staples Center just down the street from campus, it’s hard to stay away. I’ve gone to five games so far this season, including one against my home team the Avalanche. Unfortunately, the Avs lost, but it was a good game!
7. Seeing a comedy show at Upright Citizens Brigade. For only $5, it was perfect for a college student budget. I got to see an actor from one of my favorite shows, Chelsea Peretti from Brooklyn99.
8. Carving pumpkins with Society of Petroleum Engineers. I had a blast getting into the Halloween spirit (and the Star Wars spirit) by carving a pumpkin with my fellow engineers.
9. Dodgers Game. I’m not usually a big baseball fan, but this was my first time to stadium and it was fun to watch the Dodgers play my home team the Rockies!
10. Seeing the Nutcracker at Dolby Theater. This actually hasn’t happened yet, I’m going on Saturday, but I’m really excited to go! I’ve seen the ballet in Denver, but it will be cool to see the different styles.
It was definitely a fantastic semester, but I am excited to go home and enjoy the Colorado winter weather for Christmas. As of now, I have three finals done, two to go! Good luck to everyone else on their exams, and Happy Holidays![author title=”Author” author_id=””] href="#" data-color-override="false" data-hover-color-override="false" data-hover-text-color-override="#fff">Button Text