Get work done during the week
- As engineers, we have a lot of work to do, whether it’s studying for exams or completing problem sets. Make sure to finish what you need to during the week, so you don’t have to stress on game day like this guy
Check the weather
- Gameday fits range from person to person, but one universal thing is to wear cardinal and gold. It’s Always good to check the weather beforehand. Make sure you apply sunscreen if the game is during the day or bring a jacket if it’s a night game.
Bring water or an open bottle
- To save some money, buy a large water bottle before the game at the grocery store and keep it sealed until you get into the coliseum (freeze it if you want it to stay cold). Opened bottles aren’t allowed, but if you keep your bottle sealed, security will allow you to keep it. You can also bring an empty reusable bottle and fill it in the Coli.
Go to a tailgate!
- USC, several student orgs, and Greek life all host tailgates. There are bound to be several tailgates for any student to attend. They are super fun, and most will have food too! If you can get some free food, take advantage of it and eat before the game so you don’t pay stadium prices for food.
Get to the game before kickoff
Head down Trousdale to go to the Coliseum before game time, so you can get good seats. The kickoff celebration is also super cool especially for the night games and you won’t want to miss it
- At the end of Trousdale, don’t forget to rub the Tirebiter statue’s nose. You also have to kick the light post for good luck. While I’m not superstitious, I am a little stitious, and it really does set the team up to win.
I hope some of these tips help make your game day experience better!