Before my Junior year comes to an end, there are a few things I want to do and see around Southern California. Here’s my Junior Year Bucket List. The good news is, none of these venues are more than an hour away from USC!
- ♦ Go to El Cid to watch a flamenco show (Flamenco Dinner Theater). I’ve never seen a traditional flamenco performance and watching the dance over a Spanish meal sounds awesome and delicious! What’s better than dinner and a show? If you want to check it out too, visit El Cid’s website.
- ♦ Rent a bike for a day at Marina Del Rey and ride all the way to the coast of Santa Monica, Venice, and Manhattan Beach on a nice sunny day. I reviewed Daniel’s Bike Rental on Yelp recently. Check it out! There are a bunch of dinner cruises and kayaking activities on the beach as well. Sounds like the perfect weekend to me.
- ♦ Attend a concert at the Verizon Amphitheater. I love outdoor concerts and it’s great to have gotten a taste of it at McCarthy Quad on campus! Students crowd around the stage where artists like Hellogoodbye, T-Pain, Common and The Matches performed during events such as USC Welcome Week (week-long activities in the first week of the Fall semester organized to welcome the new Freshman class) and Conquest (tons of activities, carnival games and entertainment by student performers — dancers, singers, comedians and more — in anticipation of the USC Trojans’ hopeful conquest against the UCLA Bruins in the upcoming football game). I’ve heard good things about the Verizon Amphitheater, so I’m excited to finally see a concert there soon. The photos below show an opening act at a concert in McCarthy Quad (left) and the Song Girls and Trojan Marching Band performing at Conquest back in 2008 (right).
- ♦ Watch a comedy show in Hollywood
- ♦ Go apple picking at Oak Glen in Irvine