Hey everyone! There are only a few more months until some of you will set foot on campus as freshmen. Your first is an awesome experience, but it’s always helpful to know a few things before you come. Here is what I wish I would’ve known:
– Find a study buddy in all of your classes. Your classmates are an invaluable resource, especially if you have to miss a class and need notes.
– Don’t do homework alone. It always helps to have at least one person with you to check your work, or to talk through the problems together. I always did homework alone in high school and was comfortable that way, but I learned to adjust in college and it’s helped me tremendously.
– Don’t be afraid to try something completely new. Never run for a student government position? Try running for something in your freshman dorm. Every organization you join is a great way to meet new people and develop diverse interests.
– Bring snacks to class. If you’re hungry, you won’t pay attention.
– Buy a water bottle and carry it with you everywhere!
– Befriend older people. They are so wise. Especially seniors.
– Don’t get Netflix your first semester. It will kill all of your productivity.
– Use a calendar! Write things down as soon as your find out when they’re due. Set alarms to remind yourself.
– Respond to emails right away, before you forget.
Hope these help!! Freshman year is definitely a learning experience, so make the most of it.