It’s still the dead of winter and yet today in LA it was sunny and 70 degrees–one more reminder that, yes, I did pick the right school. It’s been such a blessing to be here at USC the past three and a half years, and I’m sure that this final semester will be just as amazing.
I mentioned before that since I came to USC with a few AP credits and took a full load earlier on, my last semester is quite light. I’m enjoying this unfamiliar lifestyle of having free hours left in the day AND taking cool courses.
This semester I’m taking:
ISE 382: Database Systems:Concepts, Design, and Implementation – A very practical course on designing and implementing robust databases; querying databases to extract business intelligence; Global Enterprise Resource Planning with databases.
ISE 440: Work, Technology, and Organization – A case study based class where we’ll learn about the impact of technology on work and organizational design; effects of automation; design of improvement programs; and information infrastructures
ISE 495b: Senior Design Project – My year-long capstone ISE course which I started last year with Disney. We’ll be continuing our project on their merchandise distribution centers in Southern California.
Yoga: My new favorite class at USC. I feel so relaxed and refreshed after class. I look forward to my Mondays and Wednesdays because of yoga.
NAUT 001a: Deepwater Cruising – I’m taking this intro sailing class with friends and can’t wait for our weekend sailing trip to Catalina island!
FA 140: A Cultural Guide to Los Angeles – A critical survey of the cultural aspects that make up Los Angeles: dance, music, theater, and film. Last week we visited the Griffith Observatory!
Although the list is long, half of my classes are just for fun, which means I have a lot more time now for fun activities. Here’s some of the highlights I’m looking forward to this semester:
– Going to the beach with friends and enjoying LA! I still have a few things left on my LA bucket list, but my Fine Arts class will help me cross some of those off (like going to the LACMA!)
– Fun social events with my sorority. This weekend we are having a sisterhood event at Lucky Strike Bowling at LA Live and next week we were invited to a screening of Daniel Radcliffe’s new movie at the Grove (oh and did I mention Daniel Radcliffe will be there?). Next month my boyfriend will be flying in for our “Great KATsby” invite (1920’s Great Gatsby theme).
– Spring Break in Texas at my friend’s ranch house. I’ll be flying out to Texas (my future home!) with 15+ of my good friends to go to a rodeo and hang out at her family’s huge ranch. This will be great training for my move in a few months! Which brings me to…
– Picking out an apartment with my new roommate (and VSA alum) in Houston. I spend my free time looking at apartments and I’m so excited to have a place of my own. Although I’ve loved living in my sorority house, it’s time I move on from the craziness that ensues with 64 girls under one roof.
– and last but not least…Graduation! This last one is a bit scary to write about because I can’t imagine ending my time here at USC. Although the thought of enter the real world is daunting, I couldn’t be in a better position; I feel so fortunate to already have a job.
I’ll keep y’all updated on my last semester experiences here at USC. Who knows what kinds of adventures are ahead!