Senior year has started out great! With many great memories to choose from this semester, it was hard to narrow it down to just 10, but here they are:
1. Signing to Return with PwC: At the end of the summer, I received an offer to intern again next summer (before my Master’s year) with PwC! I’m really excited to be staying in LA again to work on more cool projects with some amazing clients!
2. Bid Night: After a long week of recruitment, we welcomed our 85 amazing new members! This year, I played an important role on our E-Board and oversaw their entire new member experience!
3. ISE 495 Client: Senior year as an ISE, you and a team of other seniors are all assigned a client and work on a project for them over the course of the year. This year I get to work with Amazon to help them with time standard development for a facility in my hometown, San Diego!
4. Halloweekender: This year the weekender fell over Halloween so my friend, Emily, and I both went up to see the game and stay in the city for the weekend. We had a great time trying the great food in the city, celebrating the win, and relaxing with friends.
5. LasersForLadies: This year, I had a cool opportunity to attend LasersForLadies, which brought a bunch of younger girls to campus to help them learn about STEM opportunities. I got to meet some amazing girls who challenged me with some of their questions. It was really cool to see the next generation of engineers!
6. Homecoming: Each year, sororities and fraternities on campus pair up for a week of fun activities for Homecoming, and this year, ADPi paired up with my boyfriend’s fraternity, Phi Delta Theta. It was a really fun week that ended with a great tailgate and win against Arizona!
7. My friend, Anna’s Birthday: My friend threw a super fun birthday this year and rented a bus and took us on a scavenger hunt all around LA! From Larchmont to The Grove to LA Live, we took on LA in teams with her unique clues! My team won!
8. The UCLA Game: We finally beat UCLA my senior year and brought back the Victory Bell! It also ended up being a “Perfect Day” because Notre Dame lost too.
9. Getting my First Apartment: I moved into ADPi after I moved out of Birnkrant at the end of my freshman year, and have lived here since, but my friend Emily and I just signed a lease to live in our first apartment next fall!
10. Last Weekend: We decided after the UCLA win that after invite the next Friday, we had to drive up to Santa Clara because USC was in its first PAC 12 Championship. After going to bed late on Friday, we woke up at 5am to drive up to Santa Clara! We made it up by 10:30am and enjoyed our last gameday of the year! Despite the loss, we had a great weekend and it was a fun way to end the semester.Meet Lauren