Wow! Time has really flown by this semester! It’s probably gone quicker than any other semester I’ve had at USC. It’s been a really challenging semester with 5 classes- but an unforgettable one. Here are my top ten highlights of the semester:
10. Knotts Scary Farm! Right before Halloween, I went to Knott’s scary farm with a good friend from high school. I had so much fun! Next year, I want to go to Universal Halloween Horror Nights!
9. Getting my simulation to work correctly in ISE 435! For one of my class projects, I simulated the flow of people in a school cafe. It took a lot of data collection to make my model run smoothly, but it worked out and wasn’t far from the actual performance of the system. It’s super gratifying to be able to produce something big like that by the end of the semester!
8. Seeing Elon Musk talk at the Los Angeles World Affairs Council Event- I’m a huge Elon Musk fan, and having the opportunity to volunteer at an event where he was talking was a really awesome experience. He’s really a visionary innovator.
Volunteering at a Los Angeles World Affairs Council event with Elon Musk! So cool to hear him talk! #viterbilife
— Katherine Breiding (@kmbreiding) November 19, 2013
7. Spending Thanksgiving in Park City, Utah. It’s always fun to head up and get some skiing in over breaks!
6. Building a backpack poncho for ISE 232- Now I’ll always have something to protect my books in case it rains when I’m not prepared for it!
5. Spending our game vs. Boston College on the field with Traveler!
4. Seeing John Mayer at the Hollywood Bowl- definitely one of the most memorable performances I’ve seen. He is so good!
3. Watching Dr. Meshkati win the Steven B. Sample Teaching and Mentoring Award. Dr. Meshkati is one of my best instructors, and I’m so glad he won this award!
2. ViterbiEXPO. I always love talking to prospective students! It was great to meet so many at ViterbiEXPO!
1. Beating Stanford and rushing the field- Just awesome.
Looking ahead, I’ve got three finals, and then I’ll be heading back up to Park City for some more skiing! I can’t believe I’m already halfway done with senior year, but next semester should be great! Good luck to everyone with finals, and happy holidays!