As the semester starts to wind down, I can’t help but think that my time at USC is flying by and I’m more than half way done. This semester has by far been my busiest but has been jam packed with the best memories. Here are some of my favorite moments of the semester!
- Viterbi Overseas: (yes it was over the summer, but I just really like talking about it): If you didn’t read my blog about Viterbi Overseas already and you’re interested in studying abroad go read it! But Viterbi Overseas will forever be one of the greatest memories of my college experience. I saw Europe and experienced like a local (kind of), and made some incredible friends.
2. VPC Retreat: The first weekend back at USC all of the Viterbi Presidents Council went to a retreat in Temescal Canyon for a weekend of leadership development and bonding. It was so nice to be secluded for a weekend from technology and bond with the other Viterbi Leaders I’ll be working with for the rest of the year.
3. USC Family Weekend: For the last couple years, I’ve been trying to get my brother to come to a USC game and he was finally able to for Family Weekend! He came for the incredible game of USC vs. Utah where USC dominated at the coliseum.
4. The Cal Weekender: USC always has the weekender tradition of going to watch the bay area away football game and this year it was at Cal! I got to visit (and stay with) my best friend from back home who goes to Berkeley and explore the city, along with beating the bears!
We survived the weekender!! #beatthebears A photo posted by Betty Stearns (@bettystearnsusc) on Nov 1, 2015 at 8:26am PST
5. Beating UCLA: It’s been a long time coming, but the Trojans finally did it! We beat USC at the coliseum and it was a proud moment to beat them by double digits.
6. Going to a taping of the Ellen Show: Shout out to Maria for hooking it up with Ellen Tickets!
7. Freshman Academy Coaching: This class has been one of my favorites to coach for. Most of my students are international so I’ve been able to experience through them life in a new country! I even took some of them to In n’ Out for the first time!
8. 3Oh!3 at USC: USC never ceases to surprise me with its random performances and one of them was my teen angst idols 3Oh!3. I was front row and even touched the lead singers! Middle school me would be proud.
9. Conquest!: As always incredible free live performances from Program Board’s Conquest for the week leading up to the UCLA game. We we super close to see Miguel and IloveMakonen!
A photo posted by Betty Stearns (@bettystearnsusc) on Nov 24, 2015 at 10:24am PST
10. Finishing the first half of Mech Op!: Halfway done with one of the hardest classes I will take but looking back over the semester, I’ve become a better engineer.
Happy Holidays and good luck with college apps!Meet Betty