My favorite place in LA has to be Downtown Santa Monica. Downtown Santa Monica is about a 25-minute drive from campus. There is plenty of great shopping, food, and the beach is only a few blocks away. There is also an amusement park right on the pier. Third Street Promenade is the main hub of excitement. Musicians, artists, and dancers line the street. Every time I go to Santa Monica it is an adventure. Last time I was there, one of my favorite bands, Matt & Kim, happened to be performing at an event on the beach. I always try to make it to Santa Monica after my finals each semester to celebrate the end of the classes. It’s a great way to forget about school and just relax with friends.
Anastasia, Chemical Engineering (Biochemical), Class of 2012
- Engineers as Storytellers: Writing College Essays October 16, 2020
- Research as an Undergraduate is an Incredible Opportunity September 28, 2020
- Rock Climbing: An Engineer’s Sport October 24, 2020
- ISE 330: Operations Research! November 11, 2020
- Size Doesn’t Matter: A Tale of Living in a USC Village Loft October 24, 2020