Quick and easy resume tips!
- Use Canva! Canva is a free web designer that has premade resume templates. All you have to do is pick your favorite and type in your info!
- When adding descriptions to job positions, make sure these are goal oriented. Don’t just say “I worked as a cashier” but instead say “As a cashier I was able to quickly and effectively move customers through the line to improve customer experience.”
- Only put your GPA if it is something you are proud of. If your GPA is questionable this will only bring up red flags. It is not required that your GPA goes on your resume!
- Keep it one page. Please.
- If you have a lot of experience that makes your resume more than one page, have a master resume you copy and paste from. For each job you apply to, pick the experiences that best fit the job description and input that into a separate document.
- Make sure you are able to elaborate on the experience you described, you will be asked to in an interview.
- Lastly, save your resume as a PDF titled with your name. For example, my name is Natalie Le so I titled mine “N. Le Resume” so recruiters can find mine by searching my name.