Somehow, this amazing semester has come to an end. But between studying for finals, the anticipation of flying home for break, and my excitement about my schedule next semester, I don’t have time to be sad! But I do have time to reflect on how many awesome things I got to experience this semester. There are too many to count, but here’s my top ten:
10. Exploring Malibu. It takes me a little less than an hour to get there, and it’s such a gem! I just got around to exploring it this semester, it’s quiet, cute, and has so many fun things to do.
9. Making concrete, breaking steel, and simulating earthquakes in CE 334. This class was so fun! I looked forward to the lab every single week. We got to use an earthquake shake table, use our hands to mix concrete from scratch, and use a machine that applied tens of thousands of pounds of force onto materials. It was great!
8. Getting to take two cool classes outside of Viterbi. I was lucky enough to take a gerontology course, as well as a religion course that fulfilled my last GE requirement. I’ve been lucky to really enjoy every one of my General Education courses here at USC. And next semester I’ll be taking Piano and Sailing!
7. Driving to Berkeley to explore the city and #BeattheBears! The weekender is such a fun USC experience that I’m definitely going to miss. It’s great to make the trip up north and watch our team win.
6. Going to the LA Auto Show for the first time at the Convention Center. I had no idea how much I would love the Auto Show! The one in LA is host to huge announcements, beautiful one-of-a-kind cars, and an all around great time. I’ll be sure to check out more things like it.
5. Being a Panhellenic Recruitment Counselor. Getting to become friends with girls in every Panhellenic chapter here at USC was a wonderful experience. I have so many great memories from my two weeks as a Recruitment Counselor that I’ll never forget.
4. Having my parents here to watch us beat #3 Utah. Knocking off the number 3 football team in the nation, a Pac-12 team, was great. And having my parents here for parents weekend made it even better.
3. Getting to see two concerts at the Hollywood Bowl! This semester I got to see Alt-J and Jimmy Buffett at the Hollywood Bowl. It’s such a beautiful and unique venue, I can’t wait to go back.
2. Living in my first apartment. Moving out of my sorority and into my first full-fledged apartment was something new that I’m really glad I decided to do. Sharing a beautiful living space with four of my closest friends has lead to many great nights and happy memories.
1. Making it to the Pac-12 championship by beating UCLA! Ending the semester by winning my last undergraduate home football game was amazing. We beat UCLA, and I watched the football seniors lead the band in the fight song afterwards. I’m so proud to be a Trojan!
Here’s to my next semester being just as great as this one. For now, time to Fight On for finals!Meet Molly