I’ve been learning how to play the guitar for almost a year now, and I must say, I wish I had more time to practice. It’s encouraging to look back and remember when I could not for the life of me get my fingers to play a C chord, but then I listen to all of the great musicians I love and I want to be able to play way more complicated stuff. That being said, I have recently decided to increase my repertoire and learn some new songs. Right now I’m obsessed with Priscilla Ahn (if you don’t know her, seriously look her up). She plays a beautiful song called “Dream” which gives me some finger plucking practice and another gorgeous piece called “Leave the Light On,” which has some bar chords I’m getting better at playing. So, hopefully, between physics problem sets, bio lab, and arts&letters reading (not to mention that fickle necessity, sleep), I’ll find some time to master these soon.
- So… you want to switch your major to Engineering? Hear about it from a former Pre-Engineering Student August 28, 2020
- Engineers as Storytellers: Writing College Essays October 16, 2020
- Research as an Undergraduate is an Incredible Opportunity September 28, 2020
- Zoom University: Starting USC at Home September 22, 2020
- Registering for Classes: Freshman First Semester April 23, 2020