Want to share your awesome #ViterbiLife with prospective students? In some cool #ViterbiOrgs? Just really love Viterbi? Become a Viterbi Student Ambassador! VSA’s work hand in hand with the Viterbi School of Engineering Admission staff year-round by helping to plan events, design publications, and act as liaisons to prospective students and their families. Selection is competitive and we look for a well rounded staff and a variety of skills, including leadership and communication.
Selection to the staff is selective and competitive. Each VSA brings a unique set of qualities and talent to the staff. As a result of the spectrum of events and duties in which a VSA will participate, these skills vary widely. Communication and interpersonal skills, computer programming, peer leadership, organizational involvement, academics, project development and enthusiasm for USC and the Viterbi School are all considered.
Minimum VSA Responsibilities
- Weekly Staff Meetings
- Fall and Spring Weekend Retreats for training and planning
- Meet USC – weekly meetings with prospective students and families as scheduled
- Discover USC – planning and implementation of 2 weekend Open House Programs
- Admitted Student Event Staffing (Explore USC, Preview USC, etc) – multiple events held from February through April.
- Welcome Week event staffing
- Further Developing and contributing to Viterbi Voices, our home for presenting life at the Viterbi School through various media
- Individual meetings and tours with prospective students and family members as scheduled
- Serve as ambassador for USC and the Viterbi School of Engineering
- Significant contributions to public social media accounts such as Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter
- Blog & Feature Topic writings on a regular schedule
- Contributions to video and audio productions throughout the year highlighting life at the Viterbi School
Applications for the 2015-16 academic year are now available and due no later than April 3, 2015. All completed applications must include a photo, as well as answers to a variety of short answer responses. In addition to the application, there will be three rounds of interviews before final selections are made to the staff. All applicants must register for a panel-style interview as part of the application process - so be sure to have your calendar ready when applying! Early applications receive priority for the interview sign-ups.APPLY TO BE A VSA!
Please direct questions to Paul Ledesma, Director of Undergraduate Admission- email@example.com.