Winter break’s just around the corner and all I can think about is how much fun this semester has been! Here are the highlights:
- Weekender at Berkeley: a USC tradition, one of my favorite fall activities are not just going to football games but going to Nor Cal to see a football game! Every other year we alternate between playing Cal and Stanford and it’s as if USC takes over San Francisco. Meeting up with alumni and other students it’s great to see everyone’s school spirit and it’s even more fun exploring the city!
- Clippers Game: a definite must do is seeing LA’s sports teams play. The Clippers games are especially fun on opening night where they gave us wrist bands that light up when the audience claps in order to encourage cheering and support! Also it’s easy to get to by metro so you don’t have to worry about parking.
- Tour of THUMS island: part of PTE 465: Drilling & Completions is taking a trip out to THUMS island which is a man create oil field off of Long Island owned and operated by CRC. It’s super cool to get to see a drilling rig in person and understand the magnitude of its size and all the different components used. The trip ultimately puts all the theoretical facts learned in class into practice.
- The Night Before Premiere: another LA activity is to see movie premieres! The home Hollywood, one of the most fun nights was going to see The Night Before Premiere with one of my best friends at the Ace Hotel. A beautiful theater it was cool to see the stars walk the red carpet and take pictures with them and the sweaters the Cinema school provided.
- AIChE conference in Salt Lake: Each year AIChE’s annual conference moves from city to city and this year I got to visit Utah for the first time. Exploring Salt Lake with the rest of the E-board was a lot of fun and it was nice to experience some fall weather and see Utah’s amazing scenery. The conference itself was also a great way to network and meet other chemical engineers from other schools.
These are just a small handful of exciting events having taken place this semester. It’s been so much fun and a great balance to have between school work and down time. I can’t wait to see what next semester has in store!Meet Hannah