Like many other college students I’m sure, one of my guilty pleasures is laying up in bed binge watching netflix shows and eating ice cream straight from the container- which is exactly what I did thursday night to reward myself for surviving another week. So along with my tub of chocolate chip ice cream, here are a few of netflix series that I can be caught in bed with:
1. Black Mirror – This series shows the dark side of life and technology. Its cool because each episode is different and relates to a different aspect of technology, and never fails to have you at the edge of your seat (or bed)
2. Criminal Minds – “The cases of the F.B.I. Behavioral Analysis Unit (BAU), an elite group of profilers who analyze the nation’s most dangerous serial killers and individual heinous crimes in an effort to anticipate their next moves before they strike again”(IMDB). Think CSI and Law and Order, but better. There are 13 seasons so you’ll be set for a while watching this series!
3. Master of None – This show follows the life of Dev, a 30 year old actor in New york played by the hilarious Aziz Ansari, who we get to see fall in and out of love, get his big break, and experience his family dynamic.
4. Dear White People – “At a predominantly white Ivy League college, a diverse group of students navigate various forms of racial and other types of discrimination.”(IMDB). 10/10 would recommend. The show is based off of the movie “Dear White People” (which I also recommend watching) and will have you laughing, crying, and in deep thought. Okay maybe not crying but there are some sad parts.
5. 3% – “A thriller set in a world sharply divided between progress and devastation, where people are given the chance to make it to the “better side” but only 3% of the candidates succeed”(IMDB). Think “Hunger Games” except all of the kids 18 years old go to the Arena, not just 24. I would never want to live in this world, buuuut it makes for great TV!