There was a sweet deal on LivingSocial today. $9 for two movie tickets! I am starting to get really into these social buying websites like LivingSocial and Groupon. I also just heard about a new one called SlickDeals. For those of you who haven’t heard of these sites: basically you signup to get emails about daily deals/discounts in your area. I’m not sure if they all work the same way, but I know that with Groupon a certain number of people have to want the deal by a certain time before anyone can actually buy it. If not enough people want the deal then no one can buy it. The deals from these sites are great. I usually buy deals for restaurants, like Ketchup. There are discounts on everything you could possibly think of. My friend recently bought an indoor skydiving experience for half off the usual price. These websites are great for a college student on a budget. It gives me the chance to do fun things without spending a fortune. Have you bought any cool deals off of a social buying website?
Anastasia, Chemical Engineering (Biochemical), Class of 2012
- Zoom, Zoom, Zoom: Reflecting on the First Days of Remote Learning March 24, 2020
- So… you want to switch your major to Engineering? Hear about it from a former Pre-Engineering Student August 28, 2020
- Why USC: Celebrating the 2 Year Anniversary of my Acceptance Letter March 26, 2020
- Taking Midterms… in my Room? April 9, 2020
- Zooming Online March 27, 2020