I definitely didn’t realize how much needs to happen before graduation. First of all, I can’t fail any of my classes which isn’t a major risk but HOW TERRIBLE would it be that I fail my first class in my last semester of college and then I don’t actually get to graduate. Then I have to plan senior pictures which at USC means hiring a photographer to take photos of you and your friends frolicking around. And then I need to coordinate my parents coming down and moving out of my apartment. AND I NEED TO DESIGN MY GRADUATION SASH.
This is arguably the most important task from the ones listed above. I’m taking it to get embroidered tomorrow so right now I’m trying to figure out what I want on it. I’ll list out everything I’ve been involved with and could possibly have embroidered:
- Viterbi School of Engineering: Gotta have this one right? I didn’t spend 4 years of hard work in math and computer science classes to not to brag about being an engineer
- B.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering: I don’t know if I need this one though a lot of people do put their majors on their stoles. It’s soooo long though and I already have the Viterbi one so I’ll probs not put this one
- University of Melbourne Crest: I studied abroad at the University of Melbourne in Australia for a semester so I either want the school crest or the Australian flag. Hmmmmm, decisions decisions…
- LavaLab: I’ve been on executive board for LavaLab (USC’s student run startup incubator) for the past year and it’s definitely been a defining organization for me. Do I do the logo or just the text though? Ugh someone help me
- Viterbi Student Ambassador: VSA has been the most consistent involvement I’ve had at USC, since the end of freshmen year! So I’m def gonna put the VSA logo
- Trojan Dance Marathon: I was on executive board of Dance Marathon for a year and really involved my first two years at USC. It’s pretty important to me but since it’s not a recent involvement I feel kinda weird putting it on my sash
- SC Racing: I joined SC Racing my sophomore year and worked on the composites team. Unfortunately after coming back from Australia I didn’t get back into it
- Design for America: DFA is a super cool org that uses design based thinking to tackle social problems on campus. I spend a semester my sophomore year on the mental health team and really enjoyed it
- Ultimate Frisbee: I also spent my sophomore year playing ultimate frisbee which was sooo much fun and I met all my current roommates through it (as you can see sophomore year was a very busy one for me which is why I hopped on a plane to Australia for a break hahaha)
I will post my final sash when I get it back from the embroiderer!
PS. The cover photo is a picture I stole from my friend Lyssa who graduated in 2015![author title=”Author” author_id=””] href="#" data-color-override="false" data-hover-color-override="false" data-hover-text-color-override="#fff">Button Text